- first general election in India, held over a four-month period (Oct 15, 1951, to Feb 21, 1952)
- each candidate was allotted a separate ballot box at polling booths, differently colored, on which each candidate’s name and election symbol was labelled
- The ballot papers were printed at the Government of India Security Press at Nashik, where the Indian currency notes were also printed.
- 14 National Parties , Total 53 Parties participated.
- At that time, there were 314 constituencies with one seat, 86 with two seats and one with three seats (Interesting :P).
- B. R. Ambedkar was defeated in the Bombay (North Central) ,Dr Ambedkar then entered the parliament as a Rajya Sabha member. He contested by-poll from Bhandara in 1954 to try to enter Lok Sabha but again lost to Mr Borkar of Congress.
- The very first votes of the election were cast in the tehsil (district) of Chini in Himachal Pradesh.
Lets Enjoy Some Pics 🙂
Mock election 1951:Delhi
Vijay Lakshmi Pandit doing Pre-Election Meet
Sukumar Sen 1st Election Commissioner of india,1951
Pic From Delhi
Credit :- Internet 🙂